Page 1 of 1
EFTG General Rules
This board is here for support and help between the users of EFTG. So, it is important to keep this board clean for everyone's comfort and these following rules are here for this exact purpose.
A. Basic Rules
1. We do not allow postings of any material for any business or commercial purpose (unless you have written permission by the Admin). If you want to cooperate with us or to present your product or site, please contact us via e-mail of PM. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content of englishforthegifted.forumvi.com. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. We do not accept any posts at any part of englishforthegifted.forumvi.com which are connected with fees - remember that this is a free site, so offers like "contact me I can send you this book for 10$" or requests like "if somebody can scan this book I will pay 10$ for it" are against our rules.
2. Do not post any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, any form of lottery of gambling, or any other form of solicitation on the forum or the main site. Do not offer such things to our members privately by using PM with the above mentioned intentions. Members not respecting these rules will have to stay out from our community. Our site is not a venue for advertisements in any way. Accounts which are used to send PMs for abusing our community by promoting other places will be closed without further warning. It will be the sole discretion of englishforthegifted.forumvi.com and its site crew as to what constitutes an advertisement.
3. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we cannot take responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues or maintenance. If you have important data in your PM box, please make updates regularly! Please note that you leave our site when you use external links, englishforthegifted.forumvi.com does not have any control over the content of other those websites. Therefore, we can't be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
4. You certify that you are 13 years of age or over. All individuals under the age of 13 years will need a full release form from their parents before posting.
5. Please keep your posts on all parts of our site clean of personal vendettas and also asking for money, free accounts to paid services outside of englishforthegifted.forumvi.com, cybersex/phone sex and similar things is not allowed and considered as spam. Users spamming will get banned immediately without warning. Posts or pictures/avatars, which are hateful or intentionally malicious, racist, sexist, politically or religiously inflammatory get deleted without question or discussion. This is to keep up the site friendly and the warm spirit of the community and to to keep our site safe for the younger among us. You agree not to hold englishforthegifted.forumvi.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums.
6. Posts and publications may be moved/merged/removed for any number of reasons; please keep your posting on topic and relevant to the thread you are in. If you wish to start a new discussion, or change the subject, please post a new thread in the appropriate forum. All groups and sections are moderated for foul language and commercialized promotional posts. Please do not add personal details like phone numbers, addresses in posts!. We will end up removing these for your own protection.
7. Nicknames that we feel are promotional, inflammatory, vulgar, or rude will be removed. Signing up a user name/account that is an obvious product name will be removed. We also frown on log-in names that promote a particular company or cause general confusion. (e.g. names such as "google.com" or "web administrator"). Be sensible about which pictures you are uploading, we will remove any inappropriate pictures. Please, only register with one user name, we frown upon members having multiple nicks as this can get confusing and other members might feel deceived. User may risk having ALL of his/her accounts blocked, if we notice that. Please do not add any links into your profile/signature unless you have the permission from the Administrators. Texts added to the profile/signature must be in English.
8. Please also follow our rules for Feedback and Support, which enables members to solve problems with posts or similar questions on the site. If you have any problems with publications, leave a comment under the post in question and be patient please until somebody has time to reply.
9. Any contributions in any sections (including comments and signature) are accepted only in English in Feedback and Support section. Please try to make all your contributions preferable in English so that all users from other countries can follow your ideas. Decisions of the site crew (Trusted Contributors, Moderators, Administrators) are final and not a topic to be discussed in public. We will not reveal anyone’s disciplinary to other members, even by private request. Members are given warnings or are banned for only one reason - rules violations - and they always know the reason.
10. Please always read the Policies & Guidelines section first to avoid unnecessary questions and follow eventual updates, important changes/new topics are made public by Announcements in the forum. This way you will always stay informed about changes, new rules, new features and services added to the site which is your advantage!
B. Messages Posted on EFTG
1. Before you post: A search should be done to see if your questions have not been already posted. You can use the search function by following this link. You have a FAQ section where you can find answers for general questions about forum management: Frequently Asked Questions. You should also take a look at our pinned guidelines to make sure what you are about to ask hasn't already been covered in the box.
2. Topic titles: When you post your question or your problem, you must use a title related to your problem/question. Words such as "Urgent", "SOS", "Question", "Problem", "Hurry" are not tolerated. Capitals should also be avoided. Why do we ask you to use explicit titles in your topics? Because the forum's search engine bases its search results on keywords found in topic titles. When you do a search, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question? Certainly not! So this is why it is important to use titles related to your problem/question. Doing this makes the searches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.
3. Description of your problem/question: When you ask a question, try to be clear and accurate about what you want to say. Don't hesitate to describe your problem. The more info you give, the better we can answer you. Screenshots can also help depending on the problem. If you don't know how to take a screenshot you should read this tutorial.
4. Language on this forum: When you write, SMS (cell phone) style message, L3375P34K (leetspeak) and deliberate mistakes must be avoided. Use English only on this forum, even when you are gossiping and avoid bad language. Only SPOTLIGHTS section, which collects newspapers, reports, etc. from Vietnamese sites, allows Vietnamese. Though the content of this section is written in English, it's advisable for you to comment in English.
5. Topic icons: It's optional for you to use icons for your post. We provide some icons so that you can make your posts more attractive and beautiful.
- Use this icon to indicate downloadable materials.
- Use this icon to show that you've created a poll in your topic.
- Use this icon to show that your post contains multimedia data (music, video, online/ preview documents, etc.)
- This icon are used only by moderators and administrators to show that your problem has been dealt with, and the topic is going to be locked soon.
7. Flood and off-topic: Flood must be avoided. One-word posts such like "lol", "rofl", "thanks" or a single smiley must be avoided. Instead, write something meaningful, share your ideas or simple use Like button (bottom-left corner of the post, below your avatar and personal information). You must also avoid to post the same topic twice, it will not be faster for you to get a response. If you make a mistake or you want to make any modifications to one of your posts, please use the button at the top-right of the post, to avoid double-posting.
8. Advertising: Not definitely! It is forbidden to post advertising for money-related stuff. Contents that require members to get access to other sites are not allowed. Spamming is not tolerated, even by . You are not allowed to put external links (to other forums or websites to promote them) and personal information (phone, address, etc.) in your signature and your posts. If you need such information, use .
9. Sources of information: For some reasons, we adapt a lot of materials from the Internet without the authors' permission. If you want to share such materials, at least try to contact the authors, or quote the source clearly and exactly.
10. Helping Users: If you know the answer to a question that a user asked and don't want to share it with others in your post, please refrain from posting. It doesn't help anyone of the board. This discussion forum also aims at helping users with questions or problems they have. If you continue to post you know answer or something similar to this line, but don't provide the answer you will be given a warning and then a ban.
C. Behaviors on EFTG
1. Defamatory, racist, hateful, pornographic, illegal or insulting content must be avoided on this forum. You must respect the fact that people may have a different opinion than you. If you are in conflict with another member, please use PMs for that, this forum is not an arena!
2. Please, be patient. It's useless to bump your topic every 2 minutes (see the point "Flood and Off-topic"). Every member of this forum has a private life besides EFTG, so they can't always respond immediately.
3. You must respect the moderators and administrators. They all work voluntarily on this forum and they are human, not machines!
4. If you received advertising, pornographic content or insults by , you must send the whole message and a screenshot of that message to a moderator via . Posting it in a topic is useless and will only cause conflicts between you and the one who sent you the .
5. If you find a topic that doesn't respect the General Rules, use the button to report it instead of creating a topic. This way you will avoid undeliberate advertising and possible conflicts with the creator of that topic.
6. If you don't find your topic, it may have been moved to a more appropriate place. If you are not sure how to find it, click on your username in the "Who is Online?" section at the bottom of the homepage and go to the "Statistics" tab of your profile. There you can do a quick search of all the posts or topics you recently made.
7. Do not moderate other members. Moderating is reserved for staff members only.
D. Avatar and Profile
1. Avatar dimensions: Your avatar's width must not exceed 150 pixels and it's height must not exceed 200 pixels. These limits are here to avoid scrolling for people who have a low screen resolution. You must also respect the limit of storage space which is set at 300 KB. There are still people who have a low-speed connection, and big pictures take time to load for them.
2. Your avatar is not an advertising banner, so avatars with your forum URL or links to any other sites must be avoided.
3. Sexually oriented, gore and any other type avatars that are considered to be inappropriate must be avoided.
4. Your "Language", "Location" and "Hobbies" fields are not an advertising space, so links (to your forum or other sites) must be avoided.
E. Possible Sanctions
1. If you made advertising by , you will see your mailbox disabled.
2. If your avatar and signature don't respect the rules and you ignore the moderator's request to have it changed, the Administrator will forbid you from displaying an Avatar and signature.
3. Advertising for money-related stuff = Immediate ban.
4. Ignoring the moderators warnings and continuing to not respect the rules and insulting people will result in a ban from this forum.
5. All bans and warnings are permanent.
7. If you have any question about one of the forum rules, please a moderator to ask your question.
These rules may be modified/updated anytime, so we invite you to re-read them regularly.
We thank you for your comprehension and for respecting these rules.
Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
English for the Gifted
Diễn Đàn Dành Cho Học Sinh Giỏi & Học Sinh Chuyên Anh
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum